Ajira Accounts Officer at Epvate & Fortune International Consulting Ltd (EFIC)
Job Vacancy-ACCOUNTS OFFICER
Epvate & Fortune International Consulting Ltd (EFIC) is currently the market leader in management consulting, and HR Consulting services and the one-stop center for turnaround consulting, Training, recruitment, Research, Digital information, outsourcing, and consultancy Company with its Headquarters at PSSSF Commercial Tower, 9th floor, Sam Nujoma Road in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. EFIC on behalf of a client, is seeking to employ Accounts Officer who will undertake the responsibilities mentioned below.
- Verify that all relevant documents are properly attached to payment requests.
- Prepare payment vouchers and forward to relevant heads of departments for payment authorization.
- Ensure maximum compliance of tax laws, especially with withholding taxes in all payments.
- Prepare and forward cheques or transfer instructions for authorized payments.
- Issue the authorized cheques or transfer instructions to the specified beneficiaries.
- Preparation and maintaining petty cash expenses and managing staff imprest payments.
- Proper filing and custody of Payment vouchers and other financial documents.
- Preparing financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis for submission to the Management Team in a timely manner.
- Provide members of the Management Team, and other employees of the bank, with information and support in matters related to accounting or similar issues.
- Preparing periodic reports (such as weekly, monthly and quarterly reports)for submission to the Bank of Tanzania.
- Prepare reconciliation reports, on a monthly basis, of all bank accounts of the company.
- Prepare reconciliation reports, on a monthly basis, of all investment and correspondent accounts.
- Prepare reconciliation reports, on a monthly basis, of all interest income and interest expenses.
- Prepare reconciliation reports, on a monthly basis, of all the general ledgers accounts.
- Assisting in establishing yearly budget and making relevant and necessary changes throughout the year. Assisting in undertaking efficient tax management of the company’s financial operations.
- Liaison with the Bank of Tanzania, Tax Authorities and various Government Department.
- Receive financial statements quarterly for all bankfs) published their accounts.
- Workcloselywiththeauditorbyassemblingand providing all necessary financial documents and information for auditing.
- Update and custody of Fixed assets register on a regular basis.
- A minimum qualification of a bachelor’s in accounting, Finance, or any related discipline.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required.
- At least two years’ experience in an accounting role at a bank or financial institution licensed by the Bank of Tanzania
- Knowledge of using computers and Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Familiarity with Tanzania Financial Accounting Standards.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, compliance, and best practices in the financial sector.
- Strong attention to detail and high standard of ethics. Any other accounting certification will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter to: email@example.com