Agronomist Job Vacancies at iSDA
Agronomist Job Vacancies at iSDA, iSDA Jobs, iSDA Vacancies, iSDA Careers, iSDA new opportunities, iSDA December vacancies, iSDA December jobs, iSDA intern
iSDA has developed Virtual Agronomist a digital advisor providing individually tailored expert advice for smallholders, which is powered by iSDAsoil: the first open-data farm-level soil map of Africa. Our primary customers are agribusinesses serving smallholder networks, we do not currently offer delivery direct to farmer. We have been testing our products and delivery channels in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Cote d’Ivoire during 2022, with plans to expand into Ghana, Nigeria and Southern Africa in 2023. We are also expanding our offering to ever broader agronomic advisory to drive year-on-year increases in productivity and profitability for farmers in Africa.
iSDA is looking for someone with extensive field experience in Africa, preferably including progressive responsibilities in the private sector. The role will initially focus on helping us build our portfolio in Southern Africa.
The candidate should have:
- A sound knowledge of scientific principles of agronomy and soil science.
- Good understanding of African farming systems
- Experience conducting on-farm field trials
- Good numerical skills, experience with data capture software and mobile apps, working knowledge of analysis of trial data
- Ability and passion to constantly seek out the sweet spot between scientific accuracy, cost efficiency and depth of impact for end-users
- Excellent people skills, a can-do attitude, and finds joy in problem solving
- A strong customer orientation and entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to spend substantial periods of time in several African countries organizing and overseeing field activities
- Ability to synergize with teams across disciplines including digital, decision science, last mile delivery and business development
BALANCE OF DESIRED SKILLS
Field agronomy skills – 60%
Analytical skills – 30%
Strategic product development skills – 10%
Candidate with MSc or PhD in agricultural or environmental science or related discipline.
This position would preferably be based in one of our current key target countries in Southern Africa. However, we are a remote-first team, and if the right person wishes to be based elsewhere in Africa, we will consider other base locations. The role will need to operate on the ground across Africa irrespective of the base location.
Candidates with strong profiles will be asked to complete a written task after initial short-listing for first interview and a strategic task prior to second round interview.
iSDA provides pension, insurances and performance-related bonus in addition to a competitive salary based on experience, track record and skills.
To apply please send your letter of application and CV to Monica Cross at email@example.com.