Administrative Officer at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) January 2023
Administrative Officer at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) January 2023, ajira mpya, nafasi za kazi, ajira Ifakara Health Institute, nafasi za kazi Ifakara Health Institute, fursa za ajira, fursa mpya, Ifakara Health Institute vacancy, Ifakara Health Institute jobs, Ifakara Health Institute careers, mabumbe jobs
Position: Administrative Officer (1 Post)
Reports To: Branch Manager
Apply By: February 13, 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara Health Institute is looking for an experienced and skilled Administrative Officer. The Officer will be in charge of managing the branch’s day-to-day administrative and transportation activities and will be a major participant in ensuring the seamless functioning of the branch’s activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily supervision of office attendants to ensure the office environment is kept tidy.
- Daily recording of office consumables stock level and control system.
- Liaise with procurement personnel for purchases of office consumables.
- Process (ensure verification and approval) staff claims and suppliers’ payments before submitting the same to Accounts and branch managers for final approvals.
- Liaise with the branch Accountant to ensure that branch expenditures are within the budget.
- Maintain a good relationship with suppliers and partner institutes.
- Handle collaborators’ relations.
- Work with Project Administrators/Leaders on various project issues.
- Approval of sick sheets and medical verification forms.
- Responsible for semiannual and annual performance assessments of the direct reports.
- Resolve conflicts at the branch level.
- Liaise with the HQ Human Resources unit to ensure regular updates of the staff database.
- Induct all new employees on branch-specific issues as per the IHI induction guide.
- Follow up and verification of revenue income generating units’ invoices/bills.
- Advise branch Manager on possible areas for revenue generation.
- Keep track of all raised invoices and ensure timely billing.
- Prepare reports for monthly revenue collection at the branch level.
- Implement cost-cutting measures in all areas including electricity, stationaries, water, etc.
- Work closely with Finance unit to ensure timely payment of all utility bills.
- Supervise fleet Management (transport management) at the branch level.
- Supervises drivers’ day-to-day activities by assigning duties. Monitor fuel usage in vehicles and generators in the branch.
- Be in charge of the transport and maintenance unit at the branch level.
- Prepare a report for the fleet on motor vehicle fuel and maintenance costs on a monthly basis.
- Request spares requested for servicing branch vehicles and generators in the system.
- Supervise the movement of vehicles at the branch.
- Raise invoices for motor vehicle hire, lease, and maintenance services.
- Monitor fleet movement with the aid of a fleet tracking system.
- Monitor fuel usage in generators and vehicles using Total fuel reports and tracking system Perform any other tasks assigned by a supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or Human Resources.
- Not less than 3 years of experience doing administrative work.
Skills and Competencies:
- Be fluent in both English and Swahili languages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Be capable of building and sustaining relationships with staff at all levels, with partners and stakeholders.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Professional attitude.
- Highest level of integrity with a demonstration of ethical behaviors.
- Adhere to Ifakara’s core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the workplace and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application:
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The application deadline is 17:00hrs on Monday, February 13th, 2023. The following phrase should be in the subject line of all email applications: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER – BAGAMOYO. Only those who have been shortlisted will be called for an interview. Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania