Administrative Assistant at International School of Tanganyika August, 2023, Tanzania Jobs » Administration Jobs, MAP data for Learning Management System,Coordinators or Director of Teaching and Learning Perform any other duties as designated by the Director of Teaching and Learning
Administrative Assistant at International School of Tanganyika
- Title Administrative Assistant Category (cf Policyn5.101) Administrative Management and Technical Support
- Reports to: Director of Teaching and
- Department: Teaching and Learning
- Job Holder
- Start date:
IST Foundational Documents
- Statement of Values All members of the IST community are
- (a) Responsible – We act responsibly, positively and constructively towards ourselves and other people. We learn from our mistakes and accept the consequences of our actions.
- (b) Inquiring – We show curiosity, perseverance and open-mindedness in seeking to understand and solve problems. We persevere in the face of difficulties and we embrace the learning that comes through failure as well as the joy of success.
- (c) Compassionate – We empathise with others and act with care, kindness and courage. In our interactions, we behave with patience, generosity and integrity.
- (d) Balanced – We believe in a broad education for our students, seeing the value of participation in a varied curriculum.
- (e) Diverse – We treasure the diversity within the IST community, using the rich opportunities for deeper understanding that come from our differences.
IST Strategic Plan Our Strategic Plan is in place to help our community align efforts to better reach our school’s mission, vision and values. This plan is focused on three aims.
1. Personalized Learning
- (a) The written, taught and assessed curriculum is designed to meet the needs of all learners
- (b) Creation and implementation of the technology plan in order to ensure that future developments of media and information technology address the long-term needs of the school.
- (c) Professional learning opportunities are designed to have a positive on impact student learning.
- (d) Ensure IST is recognized globally as an exemplary IB World School.
- (e) Continued development of IST’s inclusion programs to support personalized experiences for all learners.
2. Engaged Community
- (a) Build and sustain a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of the school community.
- (b) Continued development of partnerships with local and global individuals, organizations and alumni to enhance student learning.
- (c) Develop and review processes and systems to enhance communication within the IST community
3. Ensured Sustainability
- (a) Continued review and implementation of master site plan – with focus on inclusion and access as well as facilities to support innovative programsAdministrative Assistant at International School of Tanganyika
- (b) Review procedures to retain and recruit employees who are aligned with our strategic plan.
- (c) Improve IST’s ability to work more sustainably and align environmental frameworks to improve our educational experiences and operations.
- (d) Enhance processes for creating, auditing and reviewing IST policy and procedure documents.
Summary of the Role
- Reporting to the Director of Teaching and Learning, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the department. Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- (a) Experience: 5+ years’ experience in administration;
- (b) Must have an advance diploma in administration;
Professional Competencies, Language Skills: Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, staff or members of the community. Ability to read and interpret documents such as handbooks, manual and procedure manuals. Computer Skills: Proficiency in the usage of database software, internet software, e-mail and word processing software. Ability to proficiently use the following programs strongly preferred: Google Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Ability to type accurately and proficiently, Sound decision making, solutions focused, knowledge of child protection and health and safety. Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to appropriately communicate with students, teachers, parents, members of the community and others including vendors, law enforcement and other agencies. Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with constant interruptions.
Collaborative team player, empathetic listener, Integrity and confidentiality, Strategic thinker, able to convert vision into action, internationally minded, emotional intelligence, Intercultural awareness, creative, persuasive, Flexible and capable of managing growth and instilling high standards Adept in multilingual settings, spirited, pioneering, professional and nurturing, Responsibilities The primary responsibilities for Administrative Assistant for Teaching and Learning will be
(a) Curriculum and instruction:
Prepare curriculum resources such as curriculum and resources maps, standards/benchmarks for teachers, Proficient with Learning Management System (i.e. SEQTA) to update curriculum documents, Update curriculum files and all related documents pertaining to curriculum, Create charts/documents as needed, Make international orders for Office of Teaching and Learning, Support with school wide CIS/MSA/CESS/IB accreditation process, Use IBIS website, register students for the IB DP / MYP, Upload IB assignments to IB e-coursework, Gather and distribute examination resources, Assist with IB results issues
(b) Professional Development
Support preparation of presentations to the faculty for Professional Development Arrange for facilities set-up for professional development workshops Special events (i.e. AISA PLIs Weekend Workshops or conferences) Arrange for setting up venue with equipment, desks, supplies, banners and food/beverage Arrange hotels, transportation, and food for the workshop consultants Collect all receipts for consultants and prepare payment requests Prepare certificates for all participants Prepare workshop budget with the DoTL’s assistance Manage Professional Development requests for foreign faculty o Register participants for ASIA PLIs & IB events
Process payment for registration invoices Assist faculty with with travel plans (i.e., hotel and flights) Track personal Professional Development of foreign faculty Prepare documentation for recertification as request (c) External Testing: Manage school wide assessments (i.e., MAP) Create CSV files for MAP Assist Test Coordinator as needed Prepare Student Results for distribution. (Grades 3-10) Proctor test Mangame make-up sessions Data collection Download MAP data to Google Drive Prepare MAP data for Learning Management System (d) Special projects, perform other duties as needed by PYP/MYP/DP Coordinators or Director of Teaching and Learning Perform any other duties as designated by the Director of Teaching and Learning
Applications and enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org before Close of business on Thursday 31st August 2023, Administrative Assistant at International School of Tanganyika