Administration Assistant at Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
The organization works with marginalized communities in the areas of economic and social empowerment using a participatory approach aimed at helping people fight poverty and vulnerability. The Hand in Hand enterprise and job creation approach is based on a philosophy of self-help, providing training, skills and support to enable people living in poverty, particularly women, to build and sustain independent, market- based, economic activities. This provides for a higher level of income for them and their families, which in turn contributes to greater food security, better education for children, and increased access to healthcare, improved housing, and overall improved livelihoods.
- ADMINISTRATION ASSITANT
- JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS.
- REF.NO: HTZ ADMN-01/2023 (01) POST.
The position provides administrative support to the organization for quality delivery of administrative services.Administration Assistant at Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES R1.
Administration Responsibilities Handle, distribute incoming external mails and prepare outgoing mail including bulk mails. Assume receptionist duties, receive visitors and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, route calls, and take messages. Maintain front desk area, keeping it clean and tidy. Maintain an online vehicle movement logs and book and allocate vehicles for scheduled activities as per requests received and Fuel replenishments. Supervise Office Assistant and drivers. Book accommodation for staff coming to the Country Office for activities based in Arusha based on requisitions and in line with established regulations.
- Assist staff with logistics planning as requested.
- Assist in the coordination of corporate events and staff welfare activities.
- Maintain updated mailing lists for service providers and stakeholders as directed T10. Assist with completion of necessary statistical reports as requested.
- Take, disseminate and file quarterly minutes of Human Resource and Administration Departmental meetings.
- Raising Insurance renewal, claims and recording of the all the reported claims.
- Raising of requisitions for the administration department once needed.
- Initiating and coordination Office renting process, purchase of furniture and associated items for the offices.
Human Resource support services Provide administrative and logistical support on staff recruitment and selection processes (schedule interviews, book interview rooms, communicate to unsuccessful candidates). Assist in the coordination of staff welfare and wellness matters (End of year Parties, benevolence, Team building, Sports, staff travels and accommodations.
- T3. Requisition for creation of new hire profiles in the MIS.
- T4. Facilitate allocation of workstation and all necessary working tools to new hires.
- T5. Request for creation of new hire information in MIS, workstation and all necessary working tools. T6. Assist in the orientation of new Office staff.
Provide support in coordination of employee training and development activities. Maintain safe and proper record keeping by filling source documents, vouchers and any other supporting accounting documents for future references. Adhere to professional standards and the policies, procedures, structures and systems of the organization. Procurement responsibilities.
- Raising all administrative requisitions after being approved in procurement meeting.
- Managing database for the various prequalified suppliers.
- Coordinating and taking minutes for the all-procurement meetings.
- Coordinating Sourcing of Suppliers invoices for both assets and services in a collaboration with other departments.
- Undertake any other assignment as may be directed by the Supervisor from time to time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self- education, prior experience, or on-the-job training Level of Education/Academic Qualification Bachelor degree Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and Management, Human resource Management, Public Administration, or a related field Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required Good knowledge of the Tanzania Labour laws including disciplinary processes and grievance procedures.
Good interpersonal skills and a strong team player with ability to relate well with and manage issues of people of diverse backgrounds. Passion and commitment to quality service performance Good organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills Working knowledge of computer applications including MS Office, Internet and e-mail. High level of integrity. Good analytical skills, attention to details, and ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, and report writing skills good communication and report writing skills with good spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Relevant Work Experience At least 1 year experience in in a similar position.
Qualified and interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV, citing the Position and Reference Number to email@example.com on or before close of business by 30th August, 2023.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Administration Assistant at Hand in Hand Eastern Africa