Accountant Intern Job Vacancies at Techno serve
- Title: Assistant Accountant-Intern
Reporting to: Senior Finance Specialist.
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duration: 3 months
Start date: February 2023
End Date: April 2023
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been
at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe
is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable
pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their
small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they
face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable
political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women
and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with
TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The
results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get
better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach.
Communities and even whole countries are better off
We are looking for an ambitious Assistant Accountant-Intern to support our
Finance department in managing daily accounting functions. The ideal candidate will
be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers
and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of
the company and help the company be fully aware of its financial Position and
Performance. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term
• Maintain General Ledgers, cash books, debtors and creditor ledgers by Proper,
Timely and accurate postings of all finance information to Company’s financial
• Work hand in hand with operations department to make sure field fixed asset
register is updated on monthly basis
• Reconcile Bank statement with the cash book on Monthly basis.
• Receiving invoices, reconciliation of statements for suppliers and debtors on
• Monitoring and reconciling accounts receivables and Payables, through
preparing weekly vendor statements and insure cash from the credit customers
are collected on time.
• Sort Physical documents and do filing in a proper series, by Insuring correct
labeling of the files, to make retrieving files easier.
• Ensure that all processes and procurements adhere to corporate policy, legal
and contractual obligations as per donor standards
• To insure proper tax compliance on contracts or business engaged with the
suppliers and Customers.
• Make monthly statutory deductions and Payments on time.
• Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures, that
complies with financial legal requirements
• Attending and liaise with auditors, i.e. working with auditors on auditing of
• Attending any other work assigned by the supervisor
Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) directly related
to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
• Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual;
presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps
confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for
• Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other
members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team
member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain
effective relationships and networks.
• Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively
identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill
• Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for
diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively
with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and
• Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts
terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience;
ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of
ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
• Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose
problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of
action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make
effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions,
demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
• Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts
necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or
departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works
persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by
considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all
aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
• Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or
others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and
controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people,
material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work
according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job
responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
• Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take
decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
• Advance Diploma or Degree in Accounting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• Microsoft Office proficiency and accounting packages
• Team orientated and results focused
• Should have adequate experience on the relevant job requirement for at least 1
• Should be a team player but with great ability to work under minimum
• Should be a person with the highest integrity
• Problem solving skills are a must.
• Knowledge of office operations, procurements and logistics will be an advantage
• Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and
Team player: Works well as a member of a group
Diploma or better in Accounting