Accountant at Tanzania Roads Association (TARA) January 2023, nafasi za kazi, ajira mpya, nafasi za kazi TARA, ajira mpya TARA, Matangazo ya kazi, utumishi, majina, TARA jobs, TARA annoucements, TARA vacancy,
The Tanzania Roads Association (TARA) is a non-Governmental organization established in July 1991. The Association is on a mission to create a vibrant Roads community that enhances the sustainability of the roads sector in the country through promoting the best practices in planning, financing, designing, constructing, maintenance and management of roads and safety of all road users, so that they become an efficient engine of the country’s development. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic Tanzanians to fill the following two vacant strategic managerial positions in the Association.
To Honorary Treasurer of TARA
Key job description/role:
The primary role of the position is to support the Honorary Treasurer of TARA in managing financial affairs of the Association for efficient and effective operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The potential candidate is expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out monthly bank reconciliations to establish cash position of the association on monthly basis.
- Prepare annual accounts of TARA for submission to auditors, TARA Board of Directors, Annual General Meeting (AGM) of TARA, and Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA).
- Liaise with TARA Secretariat Officials (Honorary/Executive Secretary of TARA, Honorary Treasurer, Programme Officer and other relevant TARA Officials) to establish value for money on every contract involving TARA before the contract is executed.
- Liaise with TARA Secretariat Officials (Honorary/Executive Secretary of TARA, Honorary Treasurer, Programme Officer and other relevant TARA Officials) to prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for submission to TARA Executive Committee/Board of Directors, Registrar of NGOs, and TARA partners [Ministry of Works and Transport, World Road Association (PIARC), International Road Federation (IRF), etc.] as per required standards.
- Prepare monthly payroll and remit relevant deductions to Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA), National Social Security Fund (NSSF), Workers Compensession Fund (WCF), and any other necessary authorities.
- File monthly and semi-annual reports for withholding taxes, VAT and PAYE to Tanzania Revenue Authority.
- Liaise with TARA Secretariat staff to prepare annual budgets, business plans for TARA.
- Receive and ensure safe custody of all the money and other assets of the organization.
- Liaise with Administrative Assistant to collect TARA Annual Members Subscription Fees. j) File annual returns to TRA
- Manage all assets of the Tanzania Roads Association.
- Maintain all books of accounts in required standards.
- Process various payments of the association including any international payments as may be required.
- Produce daily EFD reports.
- Be financial advisor of the Tanzania Roads Association Office Bearers and staff.
Desirable Competence and Skills
- Good computer skills including basic accounting packages
- Excellent knowledge of tax laws applicable in Tanzania
- Excellent knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and International
- Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSASs)
- Excellent skills in managing charts/votes of accounts
- Good interpersonal skills
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of three (3) years of working experience in accounts sections
- Registered with National Board of Accountants and Auditors [NBAA] as CPA
- Experience with transport and construction sectors will be an added advantage
- He or she should be able to prove capabilities of being competent for the stated areas of function
- Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications, CVs/Resume and copies of credentials to the TARA Chairman email address: email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Association no later than 5th February 2023.