Account Executive Africa Jobs at WeTravel Founded in 2016, WeTravel was built as a platform to support travel businesses by digitizing and simplifying the travel booking process. Now used by thousands of multi-day travel companies—to transact with nearly 500,000 travelers and thousands of suppliers, annually—the business has revolutionized how the travel industry manages their businesses.
Account Executive Africa Jobs at WeTravel
Account Executive – Africa (Tanzania)
WeTravel · Tanzania
About the job
|Employment Type||Fixed Term Contract|
|Reporting To||Ari Cibari|
|Compensation||$12,000 / year|
YOUR JOURNEY STARTS HERE…
- This position presents the opportunity to work in a business-critical role in a rapidly growing company. You will also uphold our four core values:
- Be the solution – take ownership, drive collaboration
- Be resourceful – strive for new wins every day
- Be honest – default to transparency
- Be respectful – treat others like you want to be treated
- We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups and would invite you to apply. A diverse workforce is a highly productive one, so why not take a chance, send us your application even if you don’t meet all our requirements, we may surprise you!
- “Culture add” is so much better than “culture fit” and welcome applications from all groups, irrespective of your, age, disability, gender reassignment, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, veteran status and sexual orientation.
We celebrate our diversity.
- You are a highly motivated and driven individual who wants to take full ownership of your role. You will use consultative skills to learn each prospective client’s unique challenges, and provide solutions..
- You’ll be responsible for contacting prospects, cultivating relationships, and closing deals.The role requires a high-volume approach, ownership of the full sales cycle, and individuals who are motivated by metrics such as number of calls, weekly closes, and ultimately growing your client base in the region.
- Your main role is to demo, call and close small-to-medium sized, multi-day tour operators. You will look after the whole sales cycle.
- A big part of your role will be prospecting, as well as managing demos and follow-ups with clients.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Fluent in English (please mention in your resume if you are fluent in any other language)
- Confidence to pick up the phone and make outbound, cold calls
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Eagerness to help SME business company owners expand their operations.
- Prior Account Executive experience preferred
- We will be really excited if you also have:
- Experience in inside sales via emails and calls
- Prior experience in B2B technology sales, especially sales to small companies
- Prior experience or existing network in the travel industry
- Knowledge of Hubspot CRM or other CRM platforms
- Attractive compensation
- Unlimited Paid Time Off!
- 3 week cross-functional onboarding training program for all new colleagues.
- WFH annual stipend / office payment
- Maternity and Paternity benefits even for Contractors – wherever you are in the world.
- The latest Apple tech you need to be successful.
- A’Dam Program for you to visit us in Amsterdam for 2-4 weeks every year. Fully expensed.
- For candidates resident outside the location where the role is advertised, salaries are weighted according to local factors and considerations based on where you reside.
- As a travel-related company, we have fantastic team retreats, two of our founders love surfing, so it’s normally beside a great beach – it was Colombia for 2022