Absa South Africa Student Loans 2023/2024, Below are the terms for the student loans that Absa South Africa offers: The Absa South Africa gives parents and students the chance to borrow money at a low interest rate to assist their own or their children’s education.
Absa South Africa Student Loans 2023/2024
Absa South Africa Student Loans Eligibility:
Who can apply?
To qualify for the loan, you must be a South African citizen or person living in South Africa permanently and earn more than R3 000 a month. The loan can be in the name of:
- A parent, who has proof of income
- A sponsor or guardian, who has proof of income
- A part-time student, who is full-time employed and has proof of income
An Absa Study Loan can be taken out by a student studying full-time or part-time at any of the following institutions:
- University, university of technology, agricultural college, technical vocational education and training college (TVET)
- Any private study institution registered at a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) and accredited by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
- Online study courses accredited by the United States Department of Education or the UK Government of Higher Education Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). The borrower is required to be based in South Africa.
- Aviation training from an approved training organisation (ATO) which has been approved by SA Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA).
Limit of Absa South Africa Student Loans
Can I borrow the full amount to cover my study costs?
Yes, a study loan can be taken out for each year of study.
- We finance both undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications – the duration of the course must be more than two months
- You can apply for a minimum amount of R15 000
- The study loan will only cover one year’s tuition fees and associated costs. You will need to re-apply the following year if you proceed with your studies
- A study loan is awarded based on each customer’s risk and affordability
- You may include the following with your loan:
- Prescribed text books
- Tuition fees including your registration
- Accommodation (Only full time students who is not living with family)
- Computer equipment required for your studies
Absa South Africa Student Loans Requirements
- A valid South African ID document or Smart card
- Proof of residential address such as a municipal or rates bill
- Your last three months’ payslips or bank statements
- Proof of study in the form of a final letter of acceptance or proof of registration
- Proof of course costs for the year of study (invoices/statements); for
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation for full-time students not living with parents or relatives
- Text books
- Study-related technological devices
- For second and subsequent years of study, proof of the previous years’ academic results to ensure student is permitted to continue studies.
Absa South Africa Student Loans Repayment
- You can opt to make capital and interest repayments or;
- You can repay interest only for a period of 12 months.
When topping up an existing study loan, you may repay interest only for a further 12 months.
Get a Credit Protection Plan
- Be prepared for the unexpected and have peace of mind knowing you are covered. The Credit Protection Plan will cover you in case of death, disability, critical illness or retrenchment. You can get cover to protect your loan or facility with Absa Life Limited or any other licensed life insurer.
Contact Absa SA for more information about the Student Loans
Absa general enquiries
7 days a week
8:00 to 20:00
- EMAIL ADDRESS: