3 New Jobs Opportunities at NBC Bank March 2023
NBC Bank is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services. The Bank traces its origins to 1967 when the Tanzanian Government nationalized all financial institutions, including banks. In 1991, the banking industry was amended and six years later. The bank is looking to hire qualified and eligible individuals to fill new vacant positions. READ FULL DETAILS BELOW:
1.Servers & Microservices Specialist
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
- The prime responsibility is maintaining the availability and reliability of micro services architecture for IT to effectively meet service level targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- To take full responsibility for the oversight and convergence of all operations that are involved in the focusing, on a Standard Build for Mirco Services environment.
- To participate in all aspects of the Deployment life cycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients.
- To manage implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of all infrastructure Servers to enable the use of appropriate platform technology, as an integral and reliable component of business process within country.
- Drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects associated with infrastructure services Servers, Database & Storage, liaise, and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors.
- Designs and documents server architecture.
- Assesses malfunctions of hardware and/or software applications for the purpose of determining appropriate actions to maintain computer, network, and database operations.
- Analyzes and sustains capacity and performance requirements.
- Monitors systems and platforms for availability.
- Oversees backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Performs maintenance operations daily, weekly and monthly on Server infrastructure (Redhat, Windows, etc).
- Evaluates and recommends new server technologies.
- Implements and maintains server security and encryption.
- Develops, manages and tests microservice system backup and recovery plans.
Manage risk and compliance
- Together with Risk and Compliance team, review and address the key risk and compliance challenges identified and surveilled.
- Together with the Risk and Compliance team implement measures to address notable risks and regulatory challenges.
- Implement measures to review the risk and compliance performance of the unit/function on a regular basis and take corrective action.
- Complete all relevant Management Assurance or Risk reports and attestations as required.
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that impact the area are documented and understood by all team members.
Drive Service Levels
- Increase revenue potential for the business by effectively managing service levels of critical applications.
- Minimize time-to-resolution (TTR) of business service disruptions through fast real-time root cause analysis that spans complex multi-tiered application environments.
- Minimize cost of IT infrastructure through optimizing delivery and performance of business services.
- Adhere to sound financial and governance controls to support sound resource management and financial control within the unit.
- Ensure adherence to all required compliance requirements, financial policies and supply chain policies within the bank.
- Manage departmental budgets including signing off invoices and quotes within mandate. Escalate out of budgets items to the relevant parties for approval.
- Sign off capital expenditure within budget. This includes approving purchase or sell decisions for desktop computers, laptops, departmental equipment etc.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching.
- Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Mentoring / training team Members.
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team.
- Ensure leave plan is adhered to and aligned to team’s succession plan.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of Employee Opinion Survey (EOS) actions for the entire team.
Analytical Thinking – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas, Digital affinity (Meets all of the requirements), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment at junior specialist level, IT Infrastructure & Assets (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Quality orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
2.Senior Manager Government Projects
To build and maintain relationship across a portfolio of high value Central and Local Government, Public Institutions, by focusing on growing value through achieving challenging sales and stretching income targets and improving customer satisfactions.
• The jobholder will be responsible for business portfolio growth and retention of existing customers where he/she is expected to increase “wallet share”
- Agree, meet, and exceeds contracted sales targets with focus on liabilities and other non-funded fees products.
- Positioning NBC as a preferred bank of choice in the provisioning of innovative banking solution and financial advisory services to the government and its institutions.
- Grow Government portfolio’s value chain in line with agreed targets. This is achieved through cross selling or up selling by providing relevant solutions and services to Central Government and Public Institutions customers.
- Generating new business growth opportunities from existing customers base and new prospects.
- Identify sales and services opportunities and offering solutions appropriate for the customer’s needs, goal and objectives.
Analytical Thinking – Advanced (Meets all of the requirements), Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets all of the requirements), Customer Excellence – Service Management (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at specialist level, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
3.Manager Brand Events & Sponsorship
Responsible for development and execution of the NBC Brand strategy and the creative elements utilized in the creation of all corporate materials.
Leadership of brand equity and strategy including setting of the brand vision /architecture, innovation and communications plans and innovation toolkits. Management of the brand development budget
Lead in Development of Brand guidelines for all mediums of execution and the creation and production of innovative and impactful concepts for use in all selective advertising platforms.
Implementation of Brand Strategy Plans
- Taking brand ownership and management of the NBC Brand, formulating the brand strategy and analyzing how our brand is positioned in the market and crystalize targeted consumers insights
- Translating brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies. Develop weekly/monthly/annual brand marketing strategies and monitors the performance of those strategies in order to make necessary updates and improvements. This includes messaging strategies for business and product segments