Optometrists (2 Positions)
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves – as healthcare social enterprise and through development programmes – the community and the most vulnerable. CCBRT is Tanzania’s largest local provider of disability and rehabilitation services in the country. We’re committed to empower people with disabilities and their families, improving their quality of life, and ensuring access to medical and rehabilitative treatment. Committed to preventing lifelong disabilities wherever possible, CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs and is opening a Maternity and Newborn Wing in 2021.
CCBRT is known for its eye services including optometry and therefore we have busy daily clinics. Our clinicians and optometrists see a wide range of patients and clinical cases. For further expansion of our optometry services, we are currently looking for enthusiastic Optometrists who are eager to become part of our dedicated team.
The optometrist works together with other optometrists and OPD staff in their daily routine work, including:
- Providing (objective and subjective) refraction for all Inpatients and Outpatients
- Evaluating refractive errors and documenting in respective files correctly
- Performing additional tests and examinations where required
- Co-ordinating between OPD and refraction unit
- Collaborate with optical sales and production unit staff on special prescriptions
- Adhering correctly to the protocols and guidelines in place
- Using different type of ophthalmic equipments, ensuring safe handling and maintenance
- Has a Diploma or Degree in Optometry and registered with the Tanzanian Optometry Council.
- Working experience is
- A training in pediatric Optometry is an advantage
- Is computer literate
- Has excellent communication skills (both in English as Swahili)
- Demonstrates interpersonal effectiveness
- Is a critical thinker
- Has defined clear personal standards of integrity and honesty
- Puts patient service excellence first
- Is an excellent team player
- shows strong orgnisational skills
If you are interested, please submit your curriculum vitae with 2 references and a cover letter telling us why you believe you are the right person for the role.
CCBRT is an equal opportunities employer and encourages people with disabilities to apply. Please send your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will undergo an interview as well as an additional assessment.
Please indicate job reference number: 2021-17| DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30th September 2021
(selection process is ongoing so assessment might commence upon receipt of suitable applications)