19 New Jobs Opportunities at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania April 2023
19 New Jobs Opportunities at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania April 2023
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict- prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its
operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women
Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood. BMT is seeking applications from competent,
dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position.
1.Branch Coordinator – Disability Inclusive Ultra-Poor Graduation (3 Positions)
Responsible to perform a variety of professional level duties to ensure the proper implementation
of different components/activities of the project in the field as well as administration at branch
- Inclusively select the targeted project participants in terms of gender and disability and ensure their
proper enrollment into the project through appropriate enterprise options to involve into Income
Generating Activities (IGAs), training, asset transfer and consumption stipend distribution following the
- Deliver inclusive financial literacy training, supervise formation of inclusive Village Savings Loans
Associations (VSLAs) among project participants as per the project rules and manage all financial
transactions at branch level.
- Supervise inclusive and proper hands-on coaching to the participants as delivered by PAs through
home visits to build enterprise-related technical skills, and future planning and enhance the soft skills of
the participants in order to achieve sustainable development.
- Raise awareness to project participants on different health, hygiene, and social issues through group
visits in order to increase their awareness and boost their confidence levels.
- Create awareness of disability inclusion in collaboration with SHIVYAWATA staff
- Ensure access to healthcare services for project participants’ households by creating different linkages
and following the program implementation guideline.
- Form effective Inclusive Village Community Empowerment Committees (VCEC) in the respective
villages/communities and conduct meetings with the committees in order to mobilize different types of
resources mainly for the participants.
2.Project assistant – Disability Inclusive Ultra-Poor Graduation (14 positions)
To implement different components of the project in the field, provide hands-on coaching to the
project participants directly to enhance their technical and soft skills, delivering different services
towards sustainable graduation of the project participant in order to achieve the overall objective
of the project.
- Select the targeted project participants following the selection guideline and work with the
participant to select the appropriate enterprise option for them as an Income Generating
Activity (IGA) in order to enroll them into the project.
- Provide enterprise development training, purchase assets to transfer, distribute consumption
allowance and inclusive input to the participants as per the project guidelines.
- Encourage participant savings through VSLA meetings as per rules and regulations from the
- Provide hands-on coaching to the participants through home visits to build enterprise-related
technical skills, and future planning and enhance their soft skills in order to lift them out of
- Provide awareness-raising education to the project participants on different health, hygiene,
and social issues through group visits in order to increase their awareness and boost their
- Identify the health requirements of the project participants along with their family members to
ensure the healthcare services follow the project implementation guideline.
- Continuous follow-up, supervision, monitoring and analysis of progress project participants
have made toward graduation from extreme poverty during the project cycle.
- Develop and share weekly, monthly and quarterly MIS, narrative and asset growth reports.
3.Sector specialist – Disability Inclusive Ultra-Poor Graduation (2 Positions)
To provide inclusive technical support to the field team on livelihood value chain integration, training
materials development, agricultural production, productivity and livestock health, networking with
government and private sector on technical matters and market linkages.
- Provide inclusive guidance and technical support to field teams on livelihood value chain integration
and implementation aspects of the project.
- Identify inclusive and suitable livelihood asset packages with participant households, ensure livestock.
house extensions, training, and asset management follow ups for households.
- Inclusively supervise efficient and effective use of livelihood assets to improve economic and social
conditions of participating households.
- Provide technical advice to the local branch procurement committee in regard to livestock procurement
and livestock quality checks before livestock procurement and& treatment.
- Ensure inclusive quality and proper animal health care for livestock assets procured for project
- Two- or three-years’ work experience in extreme poverty-related projects.
- Animal and crop Husbandry.
- Adult education and extension
- Business management and technical support
- Advanced People Management skills
- Dealing with ambiguities and conflict management
- Gender and disability sensitivity
- Documentation and reporting skills.
How to Apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the
application instructions accordingly:Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org Only complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be
contacted.Women are highly encouraged to apply. Application deadline: 20th April 2023