Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
Dar es Salaam
Today Deloitte in Tanzania is one of the top professional services firms in the country offering audit, consulting, risk advisory, tax and legal services.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www2.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
About the Department
Deloitte East Africa has a well-versed Strategy & Operations team under the Consulting Department that is uniquely positioned to support the strategic agenda of our clients in the key domains of growth, business improvement & optimization, and strategic transformation. The wide spectrum of capabilities, thought leadership and experience are underpinned by the Deloitte platform of executable strategy and innovation for growth.
Saving Lives and Livelihoods in Africa (SLL), a partnership between Africa CDC and the Mastercard Foundation was announced on June 8, 2021. This initiative will acquire vaccines for at least 65 million people, support the delivery of vaccinations to millions more across Africa, lay the groundwork for vaccine manufacturing in Africa through a focus on human capital development, and strengthen the Africa CDC.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for dynamic individuals to join our Strategy & Operations team as Monitoring & Evaluation Officers (11 positions).
These positions will be based in the below African regional hubs:
1. East Africa – 3 positions
2. West Africa – 3 positions3. South Africa – 2 positions
4. Central Africa – 2 positions
5. North Africa – 1 position
Main purpose of the job
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer. He/she will provide support in the implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation activities in Deloitte East Africa’s Mastercard Foundation Saving Lives and Livelihood (SLL) funded Programme. He/she will provide technical support in the implementation and management of comprehensive data quality processes, program evaluations and review of progress narrative reports in specific regional hubs in Africa.
What you will do
- Draft SLL implementing partner progress report templates for the specific countries within the assigned regional African hub.
- Assist in the development of standard data collection and reporting tools/templates for use that capture the aspiration of SLL programme goals and objectives for countries in the assigned regional hub.
- This will also include conducting data quality audits using the systems assessment and data verification approaches including DQA Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinate development of DQA reports highlighting DQA findings, strengths, weaknesses, and recommendations to improve data quality for the SLL programme.
- Perform technical and competent review of monthly SLL implementing partners’ progress narrative reports to develop synthesized/ highly summarized reports for use and consumption by the SLL Africa member country leadership for the assigned countries in the regional African hub.
- Present robust performance dashboards that visualize SLL programme performance data including pulling data from the Saving Lives and Livelihood District Health Information System (SLL DHIS2) platform/system.
- Actively track implementation of DQA improvement plans and corrective actions by the SLL implementing partners within the assigned specific African regional hub countries.
- Actively participate in the technical evaluation reference groups (ERGs) including the incorporation of ERG inputs/suggestions in the evaluation technical write materials for assigned coun
tries within the hub.
- Actively participate in the SLL M&E activity trainings organized for the assigned specific African regional hub countries.
- Administer the designed program evaluation data collection tools/instruments such as key informant interviews, interview schedules, questionnaires, desk reviews and focus group discussions (FDGs) among others.
- Assist in dissemination and presentation of performance dashboards, DQA and evaluation findings to SLL key stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Epidemiology, Public health, Demography or a related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for a large-scale multi-country donor-funded programme.
- Good hands-on experience in managing and conducting Data Quality Audits/ Assessments (DQAs) including data verification and implementation of DQA improvement plans and corrective actions.
- Demonstratable experience and knowledge in conducting competent program process and outcome evaluations.
- Strong ability to review program narrative reports with good technical acumen in the generation of synthesized and summarized reports.
- Demonstrated experience with National Health Management Information Systems such as DHIS2.
- Good experience in reviewing and presenting performance dashboards.
- Experience working in Saving Lives and Livelihood (SLL) programs/projects including COVID – 19 response initiatives will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel across African Countries within the assigned Africa regional hub.
- Ability to work productively in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Good communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills e.g., team player, coordination, and organizational skills, person of high integrity, attention to detail and flexible individual among others.
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with a desire to develop self and others.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Sound problem-solving ability.
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Negotiation skills.
- Focus on quality and risk.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and society and make an impact that matters.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
Closing date: 9 September 2022.
Important Note: Potential candidates who are nationals of the Countries within the specific African regional hub are strongly encouraged to apply particularly for West Africa and Central Africa nationals from French-speaking countries within these hubs.